How You Can Help
How You Can Help
Canine Health Concern is a non-profit animal welfare organisation (but not a registered charity) and in order to remain truly independent it does not take money in any way that might influence that independence.
It is therefore reliant upon membership subscriptions as the backbone of funding, plus money generated from the online store and revenue from courses etc.
There are several ways where individuals help with further funds that help CHC to do more, as follows. If you feel you are able to help in any of these ways it would be truly appreciated:
1) Help raise funds without lifting a finger or paying us anything!
Some CHC members do their own fundraising of course, and we welcome any initiative that raises funds for CHC. But there are also two other ways you can raise funds for CHC that do not involve fundraising events or even making a payment to us. You can do this by:
Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/caninehealthconcern
Just register, then select CHC as your cause and then just remember to use that site when you buy anything online (you can download their ‘find and remind’ function that sits unobtrusively on your web browser tool bar), and then you're automatically raising money for CHC. It doesn't cost you anything, donations are automatically added to the CHC account with them, there are all sorts of discounts available, and there is a really easy price comparison on the site. What more do you need to find products, get the best prices, and donate to CHC without having to do anything other than make a purchase that you would be making anyway?
How about http://caninehealthconcern.easysearch.org.uk/?
Click on this link http://caninehealthconcern.easysearch.org.uk/ and either save in your favourites, or have as your search engine. This is part of the EasyFundraising company and donations get added to the total. Every time you use that search engine and click on a site from that search, CHC gets a pay per click donation. So yet another way to do what you normally do in life and automatically raise money for CHC without having to lift a finger!!
2) Host/help set up talks/courses
Without a marketing or advertising budget, it is always difficult finding new audiences to take our talks and courses to. Although we do often find that once a new group of people hear about the talk they go very well indeed. So, if you feel you could host a talk/course lecture and are able to get a local audience to attend then please do contact us. We have information that you may find helpful in making it happen – so if you would like to help, please contact Catherine O’Driscoll at: firstname.lastname@example.org (See note ‘A’ below)
3) Collection Boxes
Several members have a collection box in aid of CHC, where their customers donate small change. We do not have official collection boxes and it should always be made clear on literature available with the box what/who CHC is, and that it is a non-profit animal welfare orgainsation (and not a registered charity). (See notes ‘B’ and ‘D’ below)
4) Local Groups
CHC has several local groups across the UK. This is where members in a particular area get together to either have meetings to discuss issues with other CHC members, and/or put on talks/events that the local public are invited to. Whereas this is primarily a function to bring CHC members together and/or to reach pet owners at a local level who haven’t heard of the issues, it is also an opportunity to increase membership and raise funds for CHC. (See note ‘C’ below)
5) Sponsored events, raffles etc
Some members have done a sponsored event/raffle etc to raise money for CHC, including sponsored walks, headshave etc. (see notes ‘B’ and ‘D’ below)
6) Donations from sales
Canine Health Concern is truly grateful to several members who donate a percentage of their sales of products to CHC, or money raised from sales of cakes etc. These are often from sales at local group meetings/talks, or local shows. (see notes ‘B’ and ‘D’ below)
· A) Please contact Catherine prior to agreeing any dates with halls etc, so a date can be fitted into the schedule.
· B) These types of fundraising are not set up and run by CHC, however, we would obviously wish to know about it so we can help publicise and let other members know, either to further your efforts or to simply say ‘thank you’.
· C) The local groups are an official CHC initiative, so if you would like to set up a group in your area please contact email@example.com Talks held by local groups have speakers from within the homeopathic/alternative/complementary healthcare field. Catherine O’Driscoll will always be pleased to talk at these events (but would need to ensure it fits into the schedule).
· D) CHC has various information leaflets etc (that you will have been sent when you joined CHC) that are available for your use in any fundraising activities. If you would like some of these to help tell people what CHC is, or as handouts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Canine Health Concern is truly grateful for any monies raised by members, to enable us to continue to reach out further to as many people as possible.
A to Z